Aug 13, 2017
Photo contests are among viral and engaging campaigns that has been very successful in various fields. United Nations Development programme in cooperation with the Ministry of Economics of Afghanistan have conducted a country wide photo contest under the name of “My country from my own eyes” to promote and raise awareness about the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Afghanistan.
The programme has been conducted in two categories:
a) Amateur photography on mobile phones by the general public
b) Professional photography by photojournalists
“My country from my own eyes” photo contest helped the people to discuss on SDGs and record the role of Afghanistan in implementing these goals. The programme has been ended with an exhibition of outstanding photographs taken by amateur and professional photographers. UNDP presented 23 awards for the Best 3 photos of the contest, top 17 photos expressing the SDGs progress and top 3 photos taken by mobile phones.
The award ceremony and the exhibition has been covered by national and international media.
Other Media Links:
- BBC Persian:http://www.bbc.com/persian/afghanistan-40875649
- BBC Pashto: http://www.bbc.com/pashto/afghanistan-40875103
- TOLO News (11:53 - 13:15): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMrfTmooD6Q
- BBC Persian (VIDEO): http://www.bbc.com/persian/afghanistan-40879075
- Azadi Radio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEPg4j754BI
- Pajhwok: https://www.pajhwok.com/en/node/491131
- SalamWatandar: http://www.salamwatandar.com/Article.aspx?a=33579